Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Wow, lots of backlinks for AntonellaBarbaPix.com

I was reviewing the traffic stats for my blog and noticed that lots of people were coming to my blog post about Antonella Barba Galleries. I got curious, and looked up some statistics on the Antonella Barba scandal. Here is what I found:

First of all, Google search traffic for the phrase "American Idol" is VERY seasonal. People start searching in the late spring, and curiousity peaks right around the time of year when a winner is crowned. Here is the source and chart:



I then tried to look into the Antonella Barba story specifically.

The website AntonellaBarbaPix.com seemed like the best bell weather for the stroy, so I plugged in that URL to a pagerank prediction tool. Wow, lots of backlinks in a very short period of time. iWebTool is predicting that the site will have a pagerank of 5 by the next Google flip. Here is the source and chart:

Then of course there is the question about the authenticity of the pictures. Is that really Antonella Barba? Weird News reports that David Shutters of the L.A. Police Department's Crime Lab says that the photos are fakes; "Yes, they are not really her. We've studied the evidence thoroughly and determined that Antonella is not the girl in the pictures." But then again, lots of bloggers seem convinced that Antonella is a naughty New Jersey girl...

No comments: